City growth and prosperity require a mutually supportive relationship with the creative, digital and tech driven economy.
Capital Relations will make connections and build strong relationships across these civic and sectoral interests.
We understand the wide ranging requirements of digital businesses and tech start-ups. We help public officials create the optimal environment for economic growth and the development of successful places. We understand how the property sector can attract digital tenants through the creation of multi-use environments with long-term, livable, lovable and sustainable futures.
We help educators keep up with evolving labour market needs, and help excluded communities benefit from digital sector growth through the development of digital skills.
Our honed ability to listen, learn, engage and innovate, positions Capital Relations at the all-important interface between public sector, developer, educator and business - devising strategy and enabling delivery.
This interplay requires careful orchestration, management and facilitation. We use our expertise to ask the right questions, gather the required information and bring the key people together. We do this to ensure the formulation of an appropriate strategy with full buy-in, to make the right things happen.
Capital Relations is a trusted advisor to vocational skill providers, and Further and Higher Education institutions. We understand academic and educational needs, and translate them into a language and agenda that business ‘just gets’.
The ‘tech talent crisis’ is the primary constraint on the digital economy, so we engage educators as crucial players in the economic ecosystem. In particular, we:
• Engage creative, digital and tech business leaders with University programmes, to participate in projects and inform research and teaching.
• Advise Further Education on digital curriculum design and delivery, engaging employers to enhance learning and experience.
• Connect vocational, apprenticeship and informal education providers with employers to create a talent pipeline that meets the needs of business.
Clients in Education Sector:
- Oldham College (FE)
- Career College Trust (14-19 Vocational)
- University of Manchester
- Manchester Metropolitan University
- Lancaster University
For Communities and Places
Extensive urban regeneration experience drives our instinct for finding new solutions and establishing innovative partnerships that improve places and quality of life. At Capital Relations we:
• Engage end users and advise on design and delivery of multi-use environments where digital firms can flourish.
• Mediate between community groups, city councils, landowners, infrastructure providers and educational institutions.
• Develop strategies and mechanisms for engagement and inclusion - sharing the social and economic benefits of digital growth with the wider community.
Clients in Property & Regeneration:
- Lendlease Europe
- Wigan Council
- Manchester City Council
- Manchester Science Parks
For Digital Business
We have extensive and strong relationships with digital business leaders and key workers in Manchester, London and across the north of England. The company is led by Coral Grainger, who is the Techstars Community Leader for Manchester and has long standing, trust based relationships with digital leaders across the UK and beyond. Capital Relations can:
• Help existing and relocating businesses to find new talent and premises.
• Advise on recruiting Highly Skilled Talent from overseas using the Tech Nation Visa scheme, which Coral helped Government to design and launch. We have partnerships with leading immigration lawyers to provide specialist visa support.
• Develop strategies for workforce diversity, including attraction and retention of #WomeninTech.
• Develop CSR relationships which give back to the community whilst strengthening business.
• Manage the relationships between agile digital businesses and large corporate partners.
Clients in Creative - Digital - Technology
- TechNorth / TechCityUK
- Genius & Me
- The White Room for News International Group
“Coral is a catalyst between public and private sector interests and offers up to date advice, support and dynamic networking. Very rare talent...
Vic Lyte, MIMAS, Universtity of Manchester